Welcome to #TouchedbyGreece
In this section you will meet people who’ve been touched by Greece and have taken that inspiration a step further.
Musicians, writers, chefs and cooks, singers and video artists, painters and all sorts of talent join us here at The Greek Vibe with their projects.
Consider “Touched by Greece” as a virtual ‘meeting space’ where friends of Greece introduce themselves through their art, craft, hobby or passion.
I hope at the same time, through this section to create new friends, to exchange and share, to offer insight into #yournextgreeceadventure and to enhance your experience of Greece.
I think American writer Henry Miller conveys the feeling of being ‘touched by Greece’ best when he said:
“The light of Greece opened my eyes, penetrated my pores, expanded my whole being.”Henry Miller
✻ Have you been touched by Greece in your life, your art or work? Then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Great Greek Cookbook for AllThe new Greek cookbook by an expert and a Greek that comes at a time when most of us are seeking answers and ways to bolster our health and wellbeing. It also carries a very important cultural value as it safeguards Greek food heritage and our Mediterranean Diet legacy.
- The Sexy Sound of Your Next Greek VacationGerman-Greek sax player and composer takes on a trip to ‘Athens’ via her brand of jazz inspired by Greece.
- A Tale of Freedom & Love Set in WWII GreeceGreek-American writer takes on a trip back in time with his tale about love and sacrifice set in World War II Greece.
- A Fun Children’s Book in Ancient GreekA picture book with tiny poems that teaches kids Ancient Greek? Well, yes! It also teaches all of us how to be better human beings.
- Remarkable Stop Motion Animation Brings Greece to LifeThomas Kunstler breathes life into his handmade puppets creating stop motion animation films that transport you straight to the heart of Greece.
- The Adventures of a Greek-American Detective in WWII AthensThe adventures of a Greek-American detective in WWII Athens translated from Greek into English by a Londoner.
- Racing to Capture ‘The Road to Sparta’A journalist films Greece’s top ultrarunning event, the Spartathlon, following 4 long-distance runners from the Acropolis to Sparta over 246km in 36 hours non-stop.
- A Brush Stroke of Greek Ambiance & BlueFrom flower power and Bowie to mermaids and Samos, London-born Stella Sevastopoulos does art for art’s sake.
- The Ultimate Greece-Inspired Soundtrack for the SoulGreek-American musician and composer George Skaroulis uses his gift to raise awareness and bring inner peace.
- Giving Artists Space in Athens to Experiment & Express ThemselvesAmerican artist Mary Cox co-directs an artist-run space in Athens that encourages creators to experiment and express themselves.
- Light & Space on Kythira and the Fight to Stop Wind Farm MadnessTwo dreamers from the Netherlands who made Kythira their home, created a guesthouse, and work hard to protect the environment
- Edith Hall: Bringing to Life the Wonders of Ancient GreeceAncient Greece has been the spiritual home of Birmingham-born classical scholar Edith Hall, and the source of much of her admirable work.
- A ‘Crazy’ Cat Lady on Kythira Saving LivesIrene van Klinken left her life as a photographer and graphic designer in Holland behind her and came to Kythira where she found cause and fulfilment in protecting the island’s cats.
- Meet Evi and Her Spirited Greeks on CanvasEvi from the Netherlands paints the ‘joyful and spirited’ Greeks in action: cooking, fishing, drinking coffee, stargazing – capturing the essence of Greece and an old-fashioned charm that still resonates on its islands and mainland mountain villages today.
- Introducing Lance & His Tiny Epics of GreeceLance Hewison was born in Texas, lives in Germany but creates interesting YouTube videos about his passion: Greek mythology, history and art.